CPAN is a broad-based, bipartisan coalition of healthcare providers, consumer advocate groups, and individuals working together to protect quality medical care and rehabilitation under the Michigan no-fault system and improve fairness in insurance pricing practices. Here are just a few highlights of what we have accomplished in the past 15+ years:
- Put the brakes on devastating auto no-fault bills.
- Filed and argued a lawsuit against the Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association (MCCA) to open its records to public scrutiny.
- Released vital economic impact studies highlighting the effects of proposed changes to auto no-fault on the Michigan healthcare provider industry, taxpayers and auto accident survivors and their families.
- Engaged an economist to review the role of the MCCA.
- Submitted amicus briefs on no-fault related cases for contemplation by the courts.
- Coordinated meetings to educate legislators about no-fault insurance.
- Facilitated the efforts of a diverse no-fault lobbyist work group.
- Coordinated statewide grassroots advocacy efforts including town hall events, individual meetings with legislators and letter writing campaigns.
- Executed a vast earned media campaign featuring press releases, media round tables, letters-to-the-editor, radio interviews, op-ed articles, and TV coverage.
Please, show your support by joining CPAN today!
As a member you will receive regular members-only updates on no-fault activities in the courts and legislature and information about how these changes could affect you. The CPAN website is a great resource and includes members-only access to publications, news, member activities and more. If you have any questions about membership or other issues please call 517-882-1096. Your support is needed now to preserve no-fault; we look forward to having you as a member. You need a strong coalition fighting for YOUR interest and CPAN is the TRUSTED voice of no-fault.